Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spotting Feikos - Fake Seiko Watches

Here are a bunch of pictures I collected on ebay back when I was still roaming that site for good deals.

Telltale signs of a Feiko in disguise:
  • 'Electra' on the dial
  • Ridiculous numbers and adjectives i.e. 'Unbreakable'
  • Diamonds
  • Font sizes and styles
  • Signs etched into the glass
If you have any new pictures or useful info to add, let me know and I'll update this post when I have time.

Electra Models








Font styles, sizes & wording
  • The 'Seiko' font is just not right




  • Sometimes will see words like 'Swiss Made', 'Incabloc' or crazy water resistant depth numbers
  • Words look like they're painted on




Ugly

A bit trickier to spot because the font looks fine, but the style is just plain ugly. Seiko makes some ugly models, but these just look cheap.






Diamonds

Seen on a lot of 'Electra' models




Etched Glass

A bit trickier to spot. The sign is normally just above the 6 and towards the center.


  • Just need experience to notice this one. It just doesn't look right.












2 comments:

  1. thanks for your share, you can see some rolex replica watches here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this information Thanks for sharing this. I would like to these articles and I have confusion but I read your news and I easy understood
    Spotting fake diamonds


    ReplyDelete